Servings: 2 - 4
Time: 45 mins
- 36 fresh snow peas
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces caviar (salmon or lumpfish)
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and blanch the snow peas for two minutes. Drain and plunge into cold water to stop the cooking process. Using a sharp paring knife, carefully make a slit along the length of one side of each snow pea to make a pocket.
In a bowl, combine creme fraiche, dill, cream cheese, lime zest, and lime juice. Mix thoroughly, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Gently fold in the caviar.
Carefully pipe or stuff the snow peas with the cheese/caviar mixture. Arrange stuffed peas on a platter lined with red lettuce leaves.[status] => 1 [created_time] => 2012-12-12 17:05:01 [update_time] => 2012-12-12 23:31:40 [identifier] => caviar-and-cheese-stuffed-snow-peas [user] => Mark Lehm [update_user] => Mark Lehm [meta_keywords] => [meta_description] => [comments] => 0 [tags] => [short_content] => [url] => caviar-and-cheese-stuffed-snow-peas [assoc_products] => 01002,01001,01003,01004,farmed-caspian-osetra, )  => Array ( [post_id] => 3 [title] => Caviar Service Recipe [post_content] =>
- 4 ounces malossol caviar
- 8 slices light rye or pumpernickel bread, toasted with crust removed and cut into 2 ½ inch long triangles
- 1 cup cornichons
- 1 cup sour cream
- chopped yolks of 4 hard-boiled eggs
- chopped whites of 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons of capers
- 1/3 cup of finely minced shallots
Serve the caviar in an appropriate serving bowl, centered on a caviar relish tray, with toast points and chilled condiments arrayed round about it. Optionally serve with small glasses of chilled Vodka.[status] => 1 [created_time] => 2012-12-12 18:25:00 [update_time] => 2012-12-12 23:31:18 [identifier] => caviar-service-recipe [user] => Mark Lehm [update_user] => Mark Lehm [meta_keywords] => [meta_description] => [comments] => 0 [tags] => [short_content] => [url] => caviar-service-recipe [assoc_products] => 01002,01001,01004,01003,farmed-caspian-osetra, )  => Array ( [post_id] => 4 [title] => Caviar and Oysters with Mignonette Sauce Recipe [post_content] =>
- 2 ounces of caviar
- 3 dozen raw oysters in their shell
- 3 tablespoons of freshly cracked black pepper (preferably not ground)
- 4 tablespoons of freshly chopped chives
- 1/3 cup of champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup of finely minced shallots
Mix everything together for the sauce and set aside.
To prepare the oysters, open the shells, and separate the oysters from them, slicing between the muscle and the shell cleanly. Take a platter with crushed ice, and arrange 36 half-shells upon it. Place an oyster on each half-shell, spoon on each some of the sauce, and a spoon of beluga caviar on each. Each serving (6 oysters) is about 50 calories.[status] => 1 [created_time] => 2012-12-12 23:30:58 [update_time] => [identifier] => caviar-oysters-mignonette-sauce-recipe [user] => Mark Lehm [update_user] => Mark Lehm [meta_keywords] => [meta_description] => [comments] => 0 [tags] => [short_content] => [url] => [assoc_products] => farmed-caspian-osetra,01004,01003,01002,01001, )  => Array ( [post_id] => 6 [title] => Pan Sauteed Sea Scallops, Sour Cream and Caviar Recipe [post_content] =>
Yields: 24 pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 large sea scallops, cut crosswise into 2 rounds
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 ounce caviar
- 4 fresh chives, cut into ½ inch lengths
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Cook scallops until golden on bottom, about 2 minutes. Turn over; sauté until just cooked through, about 1 minute. Drain on paper towels. Let cool to room temperature.
Top each scallop with 1/2 teaspoon light sour cream. Top with caviar. Garnish with chives and serve.[status] => 1 [created_time] => 2012-12-12 23:34:32 [update_time] => [identifier] => pan-sauteed-sea-scallops-sour-cream-caviar-recipe [user] => Mark Lehm [update_user] => Mark Lehm [meta_keywords] => [meta_description] => [comments] => 0 [tags] => [short_content] => [url] => [assoc_products] => farmed-caspian-osetra,01001,01002,01003,01004,01004, )  => Array ( [post_id] => 8 [title] => Smoked Sockeye Salmon, Caviar and Blini Pancakes Recipe [post_content] =>
- 36 Buckwheat Blini Pancakes (available from Farm 2 Market)
- 8 ounces Costarella Seafoods Smoked Wild Sockeye Salmon
- 1 ounce American Sturgeon Caviar
- 12 minced chives
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Spray the skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat Blini Pancakes until warmed through. Then flip them to warm the second side, about 1 minute.
- Let them rest on a sheet of tin foil until you have heated them all — they should be close to room temperature when you serve them.
- Top each blini with a 1-inch square of Smoked Wild Sockeye Salmon, a small dollop of light sour cream or creme fraiche, a ¼ t of American Sturegon Caviar, and a sprinkling of cut chives.
- 24 ounces Farm 2 Market Kobe Beef Filet Mignon, minced by hand
- Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons of drained capers, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 minced shallots
- 12 minced chives
- 4 ounces of minced red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce cognac
- 2 ounces caviar
- 1 loaf French bread, cut 1/4-inch thick and lightly toasted, approximately 24 pieces
- 8 ounces salad mix
- In a large chilled bowl, add the first ten ingredients.
- Mix with a spoon to combine and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- Pack 6 ounces of the tartare into a ring mold set on a chilled plate.
- Push down with a spoon to keep the mixture compact.
- Top with 20 grams of the caviar, smoothing out the top gently with a spoon.
- Remove the mold.
- Serve with 6 croutons and 2 ounces of greens on the side.
- 16 large sea scallops
- 20 fresh asparagus spears
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 sprigs fresh watercress
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 recipe lemon vinaigrette (below)
- ½ c Pecans, dry roasted
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1 T Red Wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger root
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat Oven Broiler.
- Sprinkle scallops and asparagus spears with salt, pepper and olive oil. Broil until done to taste.
- Toss watercress and spinach with vinaigrette.
- Place asparagus on plate first, top with dressed greens and scallops.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Drizzle leftover vinaigrette on plates for presentation.
Garnish with fresh orange slices if desired.
Lemon Vinaigrette, recipe follows:
- Place all ingredients except olive oil in a blender.
- Blend for 20 seconds, then add oil in a steady stream until incorporated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Cornflake Crumbs (or 2c Cornflakes crushed in food processor)
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon Black pepper to taste
- 24 large Sea Scallops
- 4 T Butter
- 1 whole Lemon sliced for garnish
Preheat the oven to 425f
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Brush the with the vegetable oil.
- Place the cornflake crumbs, paprika, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
- Coat a scallop in the cornflake crumb mixture, gently pressing the crumbs on to help them adhere.
- Set the coated scallop on the baking sheet; repeat with the remaining scallops.
- Place small piece of butter on top of each scallop
- Bake the scallops for 10 minutes.
To serve, garnish with lemon slices.[status] => 1 [created_time] => 2012-12-13 00:16:20 [update_time] => [identifier] => cape-cod-sea-scallops-recipe [user] => Richard Fowler [update_user] => Richard Fowler [meta_keywords] => [meta_description] => [comments] => 0 [tags] => [short_content] => [url] => [assoc_products] => 11001, )  => Array ( [post_id] => 35 [title] => Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Recipe [post_content] =>
- 2 pound U15 Baja Shrimp Tails, cooked, peeled and deveined. Leave tail tip attached.
- ¾ c seafood cocktail sauce (recipe follows)
- 2 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon optional hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 lime wedges
- Tortilla chips, or assorted crackers
- 2/3 c tomato ketchup
- ¼ c tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Combine cocktail sauce, avocado, onion, cilantro, hot pepper sauce and pepper in medium bowl.
- Divide into 8 appetizer portions in shallow cocktail glasses and place three cooked Shrimp in each; serve with lime wedges and chips or crackers.
- In a medium bowl combine ketchup, chili sauce, lemon juice, salt and horseradish.
- Mix thoroughly and refrigerate for 30 minutes at least or until serving time.
- Makes 3/4 cup.
Please enjoy the recipes we have collected below. Keep in mind as with any recipe, feel free to modify it to meet the needs and tastes of your own family. You can view more seafood recipes here.