- 1 lb Bay Scallops-in-the-Shell
- 2 tb Olive oil
- 3 tb Unsalted butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 c Chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Choose a saute pan large enough to hold all of the scallops in one layer without overcrowding the pan or without them touching each other. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Heat the oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter until nearly smoking.
- Add the scallops and cook well on one side before tossing the pan to flip them or gently turning them with a spatula to cook through.
- Remove the scallops from the pan and place on a warm serving platter.
- Return the pan in which the scallops had been cooked to the fire, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, and cook until the butter begins to turn a light brown color.
- When the butter has browned to a hazelnut color add the lemon juice and chopped parsley.
- Pour the lemon butter over the scallops, garnish with toasts or croutons and serve promptly.