- 2 ounces of caviar
- 3 dozen raw oysters in their shell
- 3 tablespoons of freshly cracked black pepper (preferably not ground)
- 4 tablespoons of freshly chopped chives
- 1/3 cup of champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup of finely minced shallots
Mix everything together for the sauce and set aside.
To prepare the oysters, open the shells, and separate the oysters from them, slicing between the muscle and the shell cleanly. Take a platter with crushed ice, and arrange 36 half-shells upon it. Place an oyster on each half-shell, spoon on each some of the sauce, and a spoon of beluga caviar on each. Each serving (6 oysters) is about 50 calories.