- 30 Medium size scrubbed Pacific Northwest Oysters
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into thin rounds
- 1 head curly endive
- ½ cup extra Virgin Olive Oil
- I Lemon, juiced
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 2 T broad-leaf parsley, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat Oven Broiler
- Broil the scrubbed oysters by placing them, deep shell side dowm, on a sheet of aluminum foil on a baking sheet until the shells open, about 2 to 4 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Remove the oysters from the shells over a bowl, reserving the “liquor.” Hold Oysters in refrigerator.
- Blanch the carrot rounds in boiling salted water for 25 seconds. Drain and rinse with cold water in colander. Drain on paper towels.
- Wash the Endive. Disgard the outer leaves. Tear the leaves into bite size pieces. Also dry on paper towels.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon and lime juices, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Strain any reserved oyster “liquor” through a double layer of cheesecloth. Add to the dressing.
- Toss the endive in a bowl with enough dressing to moisten leaves.
- Place small amount of endive on 6 salad plates.
- Sprinkle carrot rounds on endive.
- Dip each oyster in the remaining dressing and arrange six to a plate on top of the lettuce.