- 2 pound crawfish tailmeat
- 1 pound smoked sausage (Kielbasa is widely available)
- 1 pound fresh or frozen okra
- 2 medium white onion
- 2-28 oz cans whole tomatoes
- 1 pound frozen corn
- 2 t parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 qt half and half
- 1 qt water
- ½ t salt
- ½ t cayenne pepper
- ¼ t oregano
- ¼ t paprika
- ½ t black pepper
- ¼ t white pepper
- Cut smoked sausage into bite sized quarters.
- Add sausage to a large skillet and cook until browned.
- Add onions to skillet and cook until tender, stirring often.
- Then add water, tomatoes, corn, okra and remaining seasoning. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Finally add your remaining ingredients, the crawfish tailmeat and half-and-half.
- Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes
- Serve with Steamed White Rice with Cornbread.