- 1 large fresh foie gras lobe
- 1/2 c. dry, imported sherry
- 1 pinch ground clove
- 10 juniper berries, crushed
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 T. sea salt
- 1/2 T. ground white pepper
- 1/2 c. heavy cream, whipped to hold soft peaks
- Trim connective tissue and blood lines.
- Dice and place in zipper bag with sherry, cloves, and juniper berries. Let sit in fridge 24 hours.
- Remove juniper and discard. Drain foie gras. Discard sherry.
- Preheat large sauté pan to high. Sear foie gras 45 seconds and turn with metal spatula.
- Add shallots, salt, and pepper. Sear 30 seconds and turn with metal spatula. Cook another 30 seconds and turn with metal spatula.
- Place contents of pans on baking sheet. Cool 5 minutes.
- Pulse foie gras in food processor 20 seconds. Add whipped cream. Pulse.
- Scrape contents into bowl and refrigerate overnight, wrapping after 6 hours.
Serve with toast or sliced baguette.