- 2 lbs ground kobe beef (4-8 ounce Kobe Burgers)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbl. dry oregano
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 1 cup celery, chopped – medium dice
- 1 cup onion, chopped – medium dice
- 10 leaves fresh basil – sliced thin
- 1 ½ cup prepared tomato sauce
- 3 eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sautee celery and onions in olive oil over moderate heat until translucent. Remove from heat and set aside to cool in the refrigerator.
- With all ingredients cold, in a large mixing bowl mix together kobe beef, celery, onion, fresh basil, oregano, bread crumbs, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and eggs. Do not over mix.
- Once combined, form mixture into a ‘free form’ loaf and place on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Do not over handle.
- Bake loaf for approximately 1 hour at 350 degrees or until the internal temperature of the meatloaf reaches 160 degrees. Slice immediately and serve.