- 4 lb Kobe Corned Beef
- 3 large carrots, cut into large pieces
- 6 to 8 small onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 t dry English Mustard
- 1 large sprig fresh thyme and
- some parsley stalks, tied together
- 1 green cabbage
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 lb New Potatoes, quartered
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- Put the Kobe Corned Beef into a soup pot with the carrots, onions, mustard and the herbs.
- Cover with cold water, and bring gently to a boil.
- Slowly simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
- Discard the outer leaves of the cabbage, cut in quarters and add to the pot.
- Cook for a further 1 to 2 hours or until the meat and vegetables are soft and tender.
- 45 minutes before end of Corned Beef cooking time, place quartered new potatoes in a separate pot and bring to a simmer for 25 minutes.
- Test for doneness, drain and hold warm.
Serve the corned beef in slices, surrounded by the vegetables, new potatoes and cooking liquid. Serve with Dijon Style mustard.