- ½ pint Veal Stock (available frozen at most Butchers)
- 1/3 cup port wine
- 2 T Cognac or Brandy
- 1 T Butter
- ½ pound white mushrooms diced
- kosher salt
- One 16 ounce Farm 2 Market Kobe Sirloin Steak
- 3 ounces foie gras, ¼” cubes
- sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450f.
- Reduce stock and port by one-half. Add Cognac or Brandy and reduce. Cover and keep warm.
- Melt Butter in a small pan over a moderate flame. Saute mushrooms until soft. Hold on side in pan.
- Heat a cast iron pan over a high flame until very hor. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper and brown quickly on both sides. Place in oven until desired doneness is almost achieved. Remove from oven and cover with foil. Turn off oven. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- When meat has rested, slice into thick slices and fan on two plates. Place plates in oven. Heat mushrooms over high heat. Add foie gras and cook briefly. Season with salt and pepper. Place on plate in middle of fan. Pour warmed sauce over meat.