- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 hot dog buns split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 1 ½ lb lobsters, cooked, cooled, shelled and diced large
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch dried basil, parsley or tarragon
- Lightly butter the insides of the buns or rolls and line with lettuce leaves. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, lime juice, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Mix in the green onion and celery, then lightly mix in the lobster so it just gets coated without falling apart.
- Stuff the lobster filling into the buns and sprinkle parsley, basil or tarragon lightly over the filling.