- 4 -1 ½ pound Live Lobster
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 1/2 C Drawn butter (first measure)
- Salt, white pepper, and garlic to taste
- 1/2 C Drawn butter (second measure)
- 1/3 C Minced shallots
- 1 C Lobster broth made from boiling shells, warm
- ¼ C dry sherry
- ¼ C white wine
- 1 ½ -2 C cream , at room temp
- ¼ t sea salt
- 1/8 t white pepper
- 1-1/3 T Dijon mustard
- Melted butter
- 1/3 C Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 T paprika
- 4 T parsley, minced
Preheat oven broiler.
- Split lobsters in half and remove the meat and cut it into chunks. Remove everything else and discard but rinse the shells and save.
- Lightly dust the lobster chunks in all-purpose flour. Heat first measure of butter in a skillet over medium flame. When hot, add meat and lightly brown. Remove lobster meat and set aside.
- In another skillet placed over medium flame, add the shallots and sauté gently until tender and tasty. Add lobster and cook several minutes, stirring frequently but gently with a wooden cooking spoon.
- Add broth sherry and white wine, sauté until reduced, and then pour in the cream. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add next four ingredients and cook several minutes longer over a low flame.
- Place split lobster tails on a sheet pan that’s been sprayed with a food-release spray, cavity sides up. Divide the thermidor between the four shells covering all with plenty of sauce. Dribble with melted butter, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, paprika, and parsley flakes and then place beneath the overhead broiler and leave there until lightly browned.