- Five pounds mussels
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 6 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 large shallot
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Rinse the mussels under the faucet and set aside.
- In a 6-quart saucepot place butter, wine, lemon juice and water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the mussels and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 3 minutes or until mussels are opened.
- With a slotted spoon remove mussels to 4 deep serving dishes and set aside.
- Place the liquid into a blender or food processor and add the parsley, garlic cloves, shallot, salt and pepper and blend well.
- Pour the sauce over the mussels and serve with a crusty bread, so that you can dip the bread into the sauce.