- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound cooked crab meat, flaked
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs, more as needed
- Panko breads crumbs
- Half butter and oil for frying
- Lemon wedges
- Beat the eggs in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the parsley, mustard, Worcestershire, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper; mix well to combine.
- Gently fold in the crab meat and fresh crumbs until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 6 to 8 portions; flatten gently into thick patties.
- Lightly coat the top and bottom of each patty with panko crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before sautéeing to help the cakes hold together.
- Heat a nonstick over medium-high heat. Add enough butter and oil to generously cover the bottom.
- Add the crab cakes, in batches if necessary, and fry until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan and drain on a baking rack set on a baking sheet (cooked crab cakes may be kept warm in a 200° F oven while waiting for others to sauté).